Translate

Saturday, 12 April 2014

Sky arts portrait artist of the year.

I really should have entered last year, and thoroughly enjoyed the season on TV. So I took the plunge and did a self portrait, which is the requirement for entry into the Sky Arts portrait artist of the year. The form has been filled in. They have all my information and that all important self portrait. Now I will have a short time to wait before knowing if my painting will make it to the finals. If that happens, I will be invited to Dublin to take part in the televised portrait challenge. At least I can say that I tried. It is a long shot, but I enjoyed the experience. Anything else will be a bonus. Here is the acrylic paint self portrait. 24" X 18"

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Brian... I really hope you get selected as your work deserves to have some recogniton and is that little bit different to the stuff we see all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Judith. Nothing to lose. In fact is will be an expensive prize for me if I qualify. Flights and accommodation and all that nonsense. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A deserving entry, full of interest and engagement for the viewer. Hope you make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.