Translate

Thursday 7 February 2013

Loose ink Elvis

It is good to get back to painting for myself,  after a long period of commissions over the Christmas period.
I was looking through some old You Tube videos of a young Elvis Presley in action.  I knew the exact pose I wanted and I also could visualise how it was going to look.  I wanted lots of movement and energy in the painting, so I opted for Indian ink and my trusty painting tool, the plastic fork with one tine.
Using the fork as a painting tool allows me to be very sketchy and loose.  I added two  shades of blue watercolour for his denims and a little red and yellow ochre for the skin tones.  The whole painting took around three minutes to complete.  Freeze framing the video gave me the exact pose that I was looking for.  Perfectly balanced, he wound up to a big finish for his song.
The film was Called Loving You.  His second movie.  Hope you like my interpretation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.